|« Back to Careers|
Location: Cincinnati, OH
The Security Engineer II will work closely with the current security services team to provide post-sales consulting and pre-sales engineering services, reporting directly to the Vice President of Professional Services. In addition, this position will focus on working closely with multiple territory account managers and leading other Security Engineers in building Cadre’s security services business.
- Provide consulting services to customers on a variety of network security products including firewalls, VPNs, authentication, intrusion detection, PKI, anti-virus, load-balancing, data leak prevention, security information and event management, wireless networking, and web filtering
- Assess and design network and application architectures to provide security recommendations to clients
- Perform sales engineering for security products along with facilitating and supporting these product demos and evaluations
- Support the sales process of professional services including assessment, consulting, and support services. Including, but not limited to responding to RFPs, creating statements of work, and other technical sales documents
- Expected to be 50% revenue billable with the remaining time devoted to administration and ongoing education and professional development
- Manage and execute an entire consulting engagement and/or execute discrete tasks in a larger engagement wtih guidance from senior staff members, including documentation and report writing
- 20% to 30% overnight travel will be required
- Provide weekly time and status reports
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- Experience on both Microsoft & Unix operating systems
- Experience with TCP/IP networking and troubleshooting
- Advanced knowledge of computer and network security techniques and methodologies
- Solid knowledge of networking and security systems; including routers, switches, firewalls, IDS/IPS, authentication systems, anti-virus, content filtering, log management, etc.
- Advanced security, system, and network troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills with public speaking ability
- Solid report writing skills with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to manage a consulting project and lead other security engineers on a project.
- Knowledge of security controls (e.g. firewalls, IDS/IPS, authentication, etc.)
- Experience with three or more of the following vendor product lines required: Check Point, Juniper, RSA, Blue Coat, Trend Micro, Websense, F5, McAfee,and/or Palo Alto
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience and practical security knowledge
- 2-4 years in industry experience and strong security exposure
- CISSP certification preferred
- Vendor product certifications preferred from the following vendors: Check Point, Juniper, RSA, Blue Coat, Trend Micro, Websense, F5, McAfee and/or Palo Alto
- Dedication to 100% customer satisfaction
- Ability to work well alone or as part of a team
Submit your resume at email@example.com
Please attach resumes in MS Word (.doc) or ASCII text (.txt) format only.