|« Back to Careers|
Location: Cincinnati, OH; open to candidates within our territory of IN, MI, OH, KY, TN, WV, MD, and PA
The Senior Security Engineer will work closely with the current security services team to lead post-sales consulting projects and pre-sales engineering services, reporting directly to the Vice President of Professional Services. In addition, this position will focus on working closely with multiple territory account managers and leading other Security Engineers in building Cadre’s security services business.
- Provide consulting services to customers on a variety of network security products including firewalls, VPNs, authentication, intrusion detection, PKI, anti-virus, load-balancing, data leak prevention, security information and event management, wireless networking, and web filtering
- Expected to be 60% revenue billable with the remaining time devoted to administration and ongoing education and professional development
- Perform sales engineering for security products along with facilitating and supporting these product demos and evaluations
- Assess and design network and application architectures to provide security recommendations to clients
- Independently manage and execute an entire consulting engagement, including documentation and report writing.
- 30% to 40% overnight travel will be required
- Provide weekly time and status reports
- Support the sales process of professional services including assessment, consulting, and support services. Including, but not limited to responding to RFPs, creating statements of work, and other technical sales documents
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- Experience on both Microsoft & Unix operating systems
- Experience with TCP/IP networking and troubleshooting
- Advanced knowledge of computer and network security techniques and methodologies
- Solid knowledge of networking and security systems; including routers, switches, firewalls, IDS/IPS, authentication systems, anti-virus, content filtering, log management, etc.
- Advanced security, system, and network troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills with public speaking ability
- Solid report writing skills with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to manage a consulting project and lead other security engineers on a project.
- Knowledge of security controls (e.g. firewalls, IDS/IPS, authentication, etc.)
- Experience with three or more of the following vendor product lines required: Check Point, Juniper, RSA, Blue Coat, Trend Micro, Websense, F5, Sourcefire, ISS, McAfee, Imperva, Tufin, Infoblox, Cyber-ark, Aruba, or Palo Alto
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience and practical security knowledge
- 4-6 years in industry experience and strong security exposure
- CISSP or GIAC certifications preferred
- Vendor product certifications required from at least three of the following vendors: Check Point, Juniper, RSA, Blue Coat, Trend Micro, Websense, F5, Sourcefire, Imperva, and/or Palo Alto
- Ability to lead other security engineers on security consulting projects for our clients
- Ability to lead the development of other security engineers within the Professional Services team
- Dedication to 100% customer satisfaction
- Ability to work well alone or as part of a team
Submit your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please attach resumes in MS Word (.doc) or ASCII text (.txt) format only.